Thursday, August 7, 2014

5 months

The surgery to remove my right sound processor was 5 months ago today. I am so very thankful that Dr. Shohet agreed to re-implant early instead of waiting 6 full months. I don't think I could have handled another month. It was a horrible, horrible time. I am still trying to figure out what I needed to learn or what good will come out of this. I know that God promises to work all things together for good - ALL things, even this. I have to figured out what good will come from this. I'm just thankful it's over. 



One of the hardest aspects of losing the hearing God miraculously gave me was feeing forsaken. It seemed cruel for God to deliver me from a life of isolation and silence...for which I VERY publicly praised Him and was ever so thankful...then to throw me back into that. It was hard. 

I still don't know why. I don't know if I ever will. The book of Job makes it clear that sometimes we suffer and never know why. What I DO know is that I am grateful - abundantly, exceedingly thankful - that that period of my life is over and I am determined to make the most of this miracle. To whom much is given, much is required.  I've been given so much. I pray for opportunities to DO much. 



No comments:

Post a Comment